New Social Media Revolution 2013 Video
Social Media Revolution 2013 Video
A refresh of Socialnomic’s Social Media Revolution video is out. The numbers are staggering and continue grow in a phenomenal pace. Whether this incredible social media growth good for our world or bad is hard to tell. Last time we left off Social Media was consuming 1 out of every 6 minutes… now?
- Over 1 billion users on Facebook – making it the 3rd largest in the world. China, India, Facebook than the US.
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- Each day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media is the #1 activity on the Web, though still not allowed in China.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook generated more traffic than a Super Bowl Ad
- Generation Y & Z consider email passe: Some universities have stopped distributing email accounts due to use of social media
- Kindergarden is learning on iPads
- 69 percent of parents said they are currently “friends” with their children on a social media site
- 92% of children under the age of 2 have a Digital Shadow (online presence/video/profile)
- Every second 2 new members join Linkedin
- That’s is like the entire enrollment number of the Ivy League School joining every day.
- Social Gamers will purchase 6 billion in virtual goods by 2013. Compare to movie goers who only by 2.5 billion in real goods
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world (After Google)
- Every minute 72 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages long
- 97% of Pinterest Facebook Fans are Women
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend products in their Tweets
- 90% of people trust online recommendations from people they know
- Only 14% trust traditional TV advertisements
- New Yorkers received tweets about an east coast earthquake 30 seconds before they felt it
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom, Egypt
- “We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.” – Erik Qualman
- “We will non longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media.” – Erik Qualman
- “Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.” – Erik Qualman
- “The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years.” – Erik Qualman
Social Media Revolution 2013 Thoughts
- Which statistic do you find most surprising?
- Most interesting?