YouTube Statistics – Growing like a Man Child [Infographic]
YouTube Statistics – Growing like a Mad Child
YouTube is celebrating it’s sixth birthday and the statistics are in… It’s a Man Child.
(e.g. lebron james, greg oden, that 6 foot 200lb “12 yr old” pitcher at little league)
A mere two years ago, we wrote a post called YouTube Statistics – The Ultimate Time Suck. This article is currently the one of the most popular posts on Clean Cut Media. However it is amazing how quickly YouTube has grown. 90% of the YouTube Statistics you see out there are clearly outdated… thus here we’ve gathered some of the most current data, straight from YouTube and from articles dated in the last month. Enjoy!
- Feb 2005 – Founders register domain name
- July 2006 – 100M video views per day, 65,000 new video uploads per day
- June 2007 – YouTube launches in 9 countries. Launches YouTube Mobile
- Oct 2008 – 15 Hours of video uploaded every minute
- Oct 2009 – YouTube announced more than 1 billion views per day
- March 2010 – 24 Hours of video uploaded per minute
- Feb 2011 – 490 million unique users worldwide per month
YouTube Growth & Ranking Statistics
- #1 online video content: 142.7 million unique viewer (#2 Vevo @ 55.2 Million)
- #2 Largest Search Engine (#1 Google, #2 YouTube)
- #3 Biggest Site on the Web (#1 Google, #2 Yahoo, #3 Youtube, #4 Yahoo)
- Did You Know? – 1000s of full-length movies on YouTube (WHERE!!??)
YouTube Traffic & Upload Statistics
- 13 Million hours of video uploaded in 2010
- Equivalent of 240,000 full length film every week
- More video content is uploaded to youtube in 60 days, than the three major US TV networks has done in 60 years.
- 48 Hours of video uploaded every minute
- Equivalent to nearly 8 years of content per day (100% inc YoY)
- 70% of YouTube traffic from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 25 countries and 43 languages
- YouTube mobile gets 400M views a day (13% of all views)
- YouTube past the 3 billion views a day mark…
YouTube on Facebook & Twitter Statistics
- 17 million people have connected their YouTube account to a social service
- 150 years of YouTube video are watched daily on Facebook
- 500 Tweets per SECOND contain YouTube links
- AutoShared Tweet results in 6 new youtube sessions
Speaking of Facebook… come check out our Clean Cut Media Facebook Page!
YouTube Opinions Poll
Did you know that the average person comes to watch ONE youtube video ends up watching more than SEVEN?
Youtube is ridiculously addicting. You know it. I know it. Considering how much time is spent (wasted?) on Youtube… OPINION POLL!